This is our second recipe to add some St Helena favour to your christmas party. We have given the world’s greatest fishcake a festive twist to create a savour treat. Inspired by christmas puddings, we have created a tuna pudding.
Using the classic fishcake recipe (can see our full video on how to make fishcakes here) this is a simple party delight.
To go with the tuna pudding, we have a coconut Rum cocktail called a Town Boy Twist.
Tuna Puddings recipe
A twist on the classic St Helena Fishcakes to create a fun homemade appetizer.
- 450 g Fish (Saints love Tuna, but works with any Fish)
- 450 g Potatoes
- 1 Onion (Large, Chopped)
- 2 Rashers of Bacon (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Chilli
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash fish. Shred or mince fish with a knife until very fine.
- Peel, dice and boil potatoes. Then mash them.
- Heat oil and fry onion, bacon and chill until onion starts to brown. Remove from heat.
- Combine the onion, bacon and chill with the potatoes.
- Add the fish to the mixture while potatoes are still hot and mix it together. Then mix in the beaten egg, and season with Salt and Pepper.
- Roll into small balls of the mix.
- Fry and remove once browned all over.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Seasoned mashed potato and use this to make ‘frosting’ on top of your puddings.
- Garish with a parsley sprig for holly and red pepper.
Town Boy Twist recipe
Town Boy Twist
A twist on the classic Mojito.
- 1/2 Lime (cut into wedges)
- 4 tsp Superfine Sugar
- 1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
- 2 shots Coconut Milk
- 8 Mint leaves
- Place the lime wedges, mint leaves, and sugar into a tall glass.
- Muddle until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add rum and coconut milk.
- Add some ice.