St Helena Pumpkin Pudding
- Oven Proof Dish
- 900 g Pumpkin (or Butternut Squash)
- 225 g Plain Flour
- 170 g Sugar
- 57 g Butter
- 57 g Dried Fruit
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Grated Nutmeg
- Mixed Spice
- Peal, boil and drain the Pumpkin.
- Mash the Pumpkin. Add in the sugar and butter into the mashed Pumpkin while still hot. Mix well.
- Wait for the mixture to cool.
- When mixture is cold, mix in the flour, baking powder, spices and egg. Mix in well.
- Grease an oven proof dish.
- Pour the mixture into the dish and gently spread it out until you have a flat top.
- Bake in a moderate oven at 350F / 180c / Gas 4 for 15-20 minutes. Until the pudding shrinks from the side of the dish.
- Once baked, enjoy either hot or cold. Great with a cup of tea or a glass of milk. Saints love a nice piece of Pumpkin Pudding on a lazy sunday afternoon.