St Helena Pea Soup
- One Pot
- 2 litres Stock (Using 2 Stock Cubes)
- 350 g Split Peas
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Carrot (Chopped)
- 1 Potato (Diced)
- 1 Pumpkin (Diced)
- 1 Chilli (and Thyme optional)
- Chopped Parsley
- Seasoning to taste
- Place Split peas in a pot and cover with the stock.
- Bring to the boil, and then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add your bacon or bacon bones (or not if making a vegetarian version), onion, carrot, parsley and chilli to the pot and cook until the vegetables are half done.
- Add your potatoes and pumpkin and continue to simmer until meat and vegetables are cooked through.
- Once cooked season to taste and enjoy with fresh bread for dipping.