Chocolate Eggless Cake
A delicously soft, easy to make Chocolate Cake. Its a triumph of warm goodness.
- Baking Tin/s
- 114 g Butter (Softened at room temperature)
- 280 g Self Raising Flour
- 56 g Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 114 g Brown Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 340 ml Milk
- 150 g Butter (Softened at room temperature)
- 300 g Icing Sugar
- Flavouring and or colouring of your choice We used Midnight Mist coffee Liqueur from St Helena Distillery to flavour ours.
- Sieve flour, cocoa and Bicarb into a bowl.
- Melt Butter Sugar and Golden Syrup on a low heat in a saucepan. Do not allow to boil.
- Once melted remove from the heat and pour the butter into the flour mixture.
- Add the milk and with a wooden spoon beat all ingredients until a smooth batter consistency.
- Lightly grease and line a 8 inch cake tin. Bake in a moderate oven (gas mark 4 or 180C) for 30 minutes. Or if you have two separate sandwich cake tins, divide the mixture between the two and bake a moderate oven (gas mark 4 or 180C) for 18-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove and cool completely. If using a single cake tin cut into 2 layers.
- Mix together the butter icing and add your liqueur (to your taste).
- Spread butter icing on the bottom layer of the cake, using the top layer to complete the cake.