- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Brush
- 500 g Plain White Flour
- 500 g Grated Cheddar Cheese (Medium/Mature)
- 250 g Butter
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper (To taste)
- 1 Egg
- Baking Parchment
- Crumble flour and butter together by hand.
- Mix in the grated cheddar cheese and chayenne pepper. Combine well.
- Knead the crumble mix into a hard dough. (It will look impossible for a while but keep at it. Don't be tempted to add water, trust us it will get there as the cheese will melt as you work.)
- When ready, roll out and cut into about 1.5cm x 10cm sized 'straws' or any other shape you like.
- Brush with a beaten egg for shine.
- Line your baking tray with parchment and bake in a preheated oven (180°c) for 12 minutes till golden.
- Let them cool on a rack, Cool, and voila cheesy goodness!