St Helena Pumpkin Fritters
A simple, tasty Fritter recipe that is easy and quick to make at home. Delicious and flexible anyone can make it.
- 635g Mashed Pumpkin (or can use Butternut Squash)
- 2 heaped Tbsp Plain Flour (roughly 80g)
- 1 Tbsp Caster Sugar
- 60 g Raisins (about 2 handfuls)
- Peel, de-seed and cube your Pumpkin/Butternut Squash. Boil, drain and mash.
- While still hot stir in 1 tablespoon of caster sugar.
- Add two handfuls of raisins
- Stir in 2 heaped tablespoons of plain flour. Your mixture should be a sticky consistency if too wet add another tablespoon of flour.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan to medium heat and using your tablespoon gently drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot oil to fry. Once once brown flip the fritter over using a fork or spatula. Once golden brown remove from the pan onto the kitchen towel and repeat.